DI-2008 Thermocouple and Voltage Data Logger
The DI-2008 Thermocouple and Voltage Data Logger is a possible replacement for the discontinued DI-1000TC.
The DI-2008 from DATAQ Instruments features 4 or 8 analogue input channels which are programmable as a thermocouple or voltage input. The data logger also benefits from 16-bit measurement resolution, and a full scale range of ±10mV to ±50V for voltage measurements, or Thermocouple types J, K, T, B, R, S, E, or N.
Programmable for Thermocouple or Voltage Measurements
In addition the analogue input channels adapt to a wide range of measurement types and applications. This allows you to independently programme each channel for a thermocouple or voltage measurement. When programmed as a voltage channel, you can select one of twelve measurement ranges from ±10 mV to ±50 V. A range of ±5 V supports 4-20 mA measurements using typically a 250 Ω shunt resistor (model R250 sold separately). If programmed as a thermocouple channel, you can select from eight thermocouple types: J, K, T, B, R, S, E, or N. Linearization and junction compensation are automatically applied by the DI-2008 for the selected TC type to deliver values scaled in °C.
The DI-2008 also benefits from a built-in 15 V sensor excitation power supply simplifying external wiring and further reducing the overall system cost. Finally, all analogue measurements benefit from a 16-bit ADC resolution to reveal even the smallest signal variations. Each DI-2008 analogue input is electrically isolated from other channels and from ground for safe and accurate measurements in the presence of common mode voltages. Channel isolation means that each analogue input is free to float to an independent common mode voltage imposed upon it by the signal source up to 120 V rms, and still provide an accurate and noise-free measurement.
Digital Ports Configured as Inputs or Switches.
The DI-2008 provides 7 digital ports, each configurable as an input or a switch. Input protection is provided to 30 V.
When you configure a digital port as a switch, you can be use it to control external loads up to 30 V @ 100 mA. The switch can also be controlled asynchronously without interrupting the scanning process.
If you activate the ports as inputs, you can use two ports with dual functionality as discrete inputs, or one as a counter and the other a rate input. The rate input features a 50 kHz maximum measurement allocated over twelve programmable measurement ranges (10 Hz to 50 kHz full scale). The counter input provides 16-bit resolution and a terminal count value of 65,535. The discrete, counter, and rate inputs are members of the same internal scan list used by the analogue input channels. This means that all enabled elements are acquired synchronously, which allows meaningful comparisons between analogue and digital channels.
For example, the rate input measuring engine speed allows rpm data to be acquired synchronously with analogue data.
- Eight differential and isolated analogue input channels
- Seven bi-directional digital input ports, including:
- Counter input for totalizing applications
- Rate input for frequency/flow/rpm applications
- ChannelStretch™ channel expansion to 128 analogue and 112 digital channels (Unlock code required per device)
- Programmable voltage and thermocouple measurements per channel
- 10 mV to 50 V programmable range per channel in 12 steps
- Programmable support for type J, K, T, B, R, S, E, N thermocouples per channel
- High resolution (16-bit) measurements
- 2000 Hz max sample throughput for a single channel and 200 Hz for two or more
- Minimum sample throughput rates as low as 1 sample per day
- USB interface
- Included WinDaq software for ready-to-run measurements
- Included .NET class for Visual Studio program development
- Fully documented device protocol supports other operating systems