The following Notice is issued by DAQLOG Systems Ltd hereinafter referred to as “DAQLOG Systems”. Company No. 08729808, registered office: DAQLOG Systems Ltd, 35 Pennine Drive, Paignton, Devon, TQ4 7GB.
DAQLOG Systems is the Data Controller under the GDPR for the purposes of this Notice.
This Privacy Notice explains our data processing practices and your options regarding the ways your personal data is used by us.
Personal data collected
DAQLOG Systems respects the need to maintain online privacy and the protection of personal data. We make every effort to ensure that the personal data received, and the use of our website is secure and non-intrusive.
DAQLOG Systems collects the personal data provided by you when requesting a quotation, placing an order or requesting technical support. Personal data includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and bank details. We have a legitimate interest to process this personal data so that we can fulfil our contract with you and to provide support and product/software updates.
If you opt in to communications from us, you will receive updates from us, only in connection with specific interests (e.g. monthly newsletter updates, latest software issues, and events). None of your personal data will be used for other purposes without your specific approval.
We may use personal information stored in our databases to promote via email our products and services, but we do not supply personal information to any other organisations without specific agreement from the individual. You may opt out of mailings when you initially submit your personal information on the website, or you may decide to do this at a later date by emailing us at email@example.com or you can also follow the un-subscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Non-personal information is also collected on this website. This information does not identify you as an individual, but allows us to monitor and improve our website. We use Matomo, an open source web analytics platform self-hosted on our own servers to collect information about how you use our website. Matomo analyses the behaviour of our website visitors to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search, identifying not found pages, search engine indexing issues.
The following information is monitored through our web analytics platform only:
- How you navigated or were referred to our site.
- How you use our website. This includes any links you click on an individual page, resource downloads or website searches. We can also see how much time is spent on a page.
- If you have interacted with any videos or other media, including how long you watch a video for and how many times.
- Any information you have submitted to complete online forms.
- Your device type, including browser, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system. This can also include the location you view our website from.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to review the privacy notices of those Third-Party Websites so that you understand if/how they collect and/or use information from you or your computer.
Following a link to daqlog-systems.co.uk from another website
If you come to daqlog-systems.co.uk from another website, we may receive information from the other website. We do not use this data. You should read the privacy notice of the website you came from to find out more about this.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer your orders with us.
- To provide you with products and services in the usual course of our business.
- So we can update you on any products or events linked to (or similar to) your past purchases, as well as products you may have expressed interest in.
- So we can personalise any marketing communications you receive from us.
- To ensure you are aware of any upcoming promotions.
- To enable us to improve our service by carrying out Market Research.
We will not sell or rent your data to third parties.
Personal data retention
We only keep your personal data for so long as it is reasonably necessary. When setting our data retention periods, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data we hold, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the personal data and the purposes for which we process the personal data (including whether we can achieve those purposes by other means). We also consider our other legal obligations to keep or securely dispose of personal data.
We will only retain your information for the duration of your equipment’s operational in-use life.
Security of Information
We treat your information with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it. Access to your personal information is password-protected to ensure it is safe.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, please contact us.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice. In that case, the ‘last updated’ date at the bottom of this page will also change. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will apply to you and your data immediately.
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us or make a complaint
Please contact DAQLOG Systems if you think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled.
DAQLOG Systems Ltd
Last Updated: 24 May 2018