The CANopen master protocol stack offers a variety of configuration options and forms the basis for controlling and monitoring complex CANopen networks. The protocol stack provides complete functionality for integration of the CANopen standards CiA 301, CiA 302 and CiA305 into control systems.
Implementation supports the following CANopen services:
- Service Data Objects (SDOs), Client and Server
- Process Data Objects (PDOs)
- Network Management (NMT)
- Emergency Messages (EMCY)
- Synchronisation Messages (SYNC)
- Layer Setting Services (LSS)
All services can be parameterized during runtime via the application or via the local object dictionary. You may extend the local object dictionary according to your specific purposes.
Versatile configuration options allow individual customization to the target system. In addition to the maximum number of supported PDOs, you may also adjust the number of SDO–client connections as well as multichannel support, thus adapting the use of resources (RAM/ROM) in an optimum way to the target application prerequisites.
Example codes facilitate the start-up phase, enabling the user to focus on the implementation of their own application. A consistent driver interface provides the flexibility to use any CAN controller available on the market.
The optional Safety added-on (SKU: 50.02.031) provides an implementation of the European standard EN 50325-5 featuring the following functions:
- max. 64 SRDOs (SR Data Object)
- global fail-safe command
- Expansion of the CANopen Master APIs
- CANopen services according to CiA 301
- network management in compliance with CiA 302
- layer setting services according to CiA 305
- multichannel support (1 to 250 CAN channels)
- number of client SDOs individually adjustable (1 to 127)
- number of PDOs individually adjustable (0 to 512 RPDO / TPDO)
- local object dictionary (expandable)
- optional CANopen Safety Add-on available
- broad range of supported CAN controllers (CANpie)
The CANopen Master protocol stack will come as ANSI-C source code with a user manual in English (electronic and printed version). The scope of delivery also contains:
- site-related company licence, no additional runtime costs
- 12 months technical support by email or telephone
- ready-to-run examples for various demo boards