High Power Programmable DC Power Supply.
The PVS10005, PVS60085, and PVS60085MR programmable DC power supplies offer clean output power up to 5.1 kW, excellent regulation, and fast transient response time characteristics in an industry leading 2U package.
These power supplies provide many useful features such as high programming resolution, multiple remote interfaces for test systems, and a built-in SAS (solar array simulator) function to generate PV (photovoltaic) I-V curves. The optional SAS software allows users to consistently reproduce various I-V curves to test a PV inverter’s MPPT efficiency.
For benchtop applications, this series provides an intuitive user interface with full keypad and rotary knob. System integrators benefit from the standard USB (virtual COM), RS232, GPIB, and LAN interfaces supporting SCPI commands. Free application software and a complete set of LabVIEW drivers are available to reduce programming time and increase productivity. The application software allows users to control the power supply, execute test sequences, or log measurements. It also integrates with Data Dashboard for LabVIEW apps, enabling users to remotely monitor select measurement indicators with iOS, Android, or Windows 8 compatible tablets or smart phones.
These power supplies are well suited for both bench use and ATE systems integration, R&D, design verification, production test, and high voltage testing.
In particular, the low-noise characteristic of the PVS Series makes these instruments ideal for motor inverter testing. When operated with the optional SAS software, these power supplies can be used for solar array testing applications such as validating a solar inverter’s MPPT algorithm and testing to EN50530 and Sandia Labs standards.
- Compact, high power density, 2U package
- Output up to 1000 V / 5 A (PVS10005) and 600 V / 8.5 A (PVS60085 & PVS60085MR)
- Convenient single-phase AC input configuration
- Bright VFD display
- High voltage and current resolution of 0.1 V, 0.1 mA (PVS10005) or 10 mV, 0.2 mA (PVS60085 & PVS60085MR)
- Fast transient response time of ≤0.5 ms
- Adjustable voltage and current slope (rise and fall times)
- List mode: 9 user-defined programs with up to 100 programmable steps each
- Built-in SAS function for storage of up to 16 I-V curves with Voc, Isc, Vmp, and Imp parameters and 1024-point table
- Store up to 100 different instrument settings to internal memory
- Control up to 30 power supplies from one PC via the RS485 interface
- Timer-controlled output (1 s to 1000 hrs)
- Standard USB (virtual COM), RS232, RS485, GPIB and LAN interfaces
- External analog programming and monitoring interface
- Extensive protection features: OVP, OCP, OPP, OTP, foldback protection mode, and key-lock function
- Front to rear airflow allows for efficient cooling in high rack density environments
- Master/slave mode for parallel operation
- LabVIEW™ driver and soft-panel for remote control, test sequence generation, and datalogging available
|Max. Output Voltage||1000 V||600 V||600 V|
|Max. Output Current||5 A||8.5 A||8.5 A|
|Max. Output Power||5000 W||5100 W||3000 W|
**Model PVS60085MR is a multi-ranging supply allowing any combination of the rated voltage and current up to the maximum output power of 3000 W.